Safeguarding And Child Protection
Safeguarding and Child Protection
Badminton Wales is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and in turn is committed to achieving the safeguarding standards set by Sport Wales and the NSPCC Child Protection in Sport Unit. Badminton Wales has a Child Protection Policy which we strongly encourage counties / leagues / clubs / welfare officers / coaches / members to be familiar with and adopt.
Badminton Wales has also produced a list of appendices/downloadable documents which can be found at the bottom of the page. These include a self-declaration form, incident form and a useful contacts list amongst others and these are designed to assist clubs, organisers and coaches with some of the administration which may be required this season.
In line with the standards and our Child Protection Policy, Badminton Wales will be looking for the following:
- All junior clubs* and senior clubs with junior members* to have a club welfare officer who should be known to the players and readily available.(Ideally this would not be a coach but a coach is preferable to having no welfare officer at all)
- Club Welfare Officers should attend the ‘Safeguarding and Protecting Children’ Workshop** (SPC)
- Badminton Wales highly recommends that coaches also attend the SPC Workshop**
* The term ‘junior’ relates to any persons under the age of 18
** The SPC Workshop referred to is the Sports Coach UK workshop. It is recommended that these courses are renewed every 3 years to ensure that attendees are up to date with current legislation.
To report a concern, please complete this form and return it to our Safeguarding Team.
Please use the Low-Level Safeguarding Concern Form to share any concern – no matter how small, and even if no more than causing a sense of unease or a ‘nagging doubt’ – that an adult may have acted in a way that is inconsistent with the BW Codes of Conduct, including inappropriate conduct outside of work; and
– Does not meet the harm threshold, or is otherwise not serious enough to merit a referral to the authorities.
Please click here to download our resource pack.
Please click here for a list of available SPC courses.
See our Safeguarding Policy here.